LED screens History, well information

Hi Everyone, I would like to know a little more about LED screens any information would be great, websites or books

I have to do a presentation thats why I need the information.

need information by the end of today but after would be ok I am making a presentation plan today

cheers everyone

KARL

I believe the acronym for this is the six Ps.

If you tell us the kind of level you need we can perhaps help, although by th end of today is perhaps a bit tight for a new member - as we have no idea if you're after the chemical composition of the elements, or the photometric data, power consumption, hanging systems etc. It's quite complex so we don't want to waste time telling you things you already know - so tell us what you know, and we'll be able to gauge our response and make sure we don't talk over your head. Even basic information on the signal format or protocol you need to drive it with set's us on the right path.

I'd suggest doing a presentation on something you don't know much about is a bit dangerous? What's it for and who to are also useful starting points. I'm assuming you perhaps have to pitch for the budget for one, or have to convince people that it's justified - or maybe you need hire info?

So - in true blue room style, we can't answer unless the question is a good one!

ok here goes its for a uni assignment and it's about innovations in technical Theatre I.e new products that have been around for about five - eight years, and I have choosen to do it on LED screens (the ones we see on Xfactor, BGT, SCD all saturday night entertainment) I need to know who uses it; anyone doing anything similar now or in the past- I need to relate it to current/past practice (any shows using LEDs), how is this being used in performance today? and why is it an improvement?

any information would be good

cheers

Karl

All this by the end of today?!

Maybe we should start charging for homework services,could generate a huge income for the Blue Room!

First I would buy or use a daily planner, write on it date coursework set and the presentation date, then do the research and writing of the presentation in the gap in the middle!

haha very funny FYI it was set in the last week of january, the presentation is 23/03/12,

I have been on shows and planning the university festival

if you don't want to help then don't bother writting at all a few links would do

all ten of us on the course are in the possition it not our fault!! :angry:

You admit yourself that you have been on shows and planning the Uni festival? Unless these are part of your course, you have no excuse for not getting the work done.

Google manufactures of LED screens, look on their websites, they'll have photometric data, they'll have photos of the screens in use, manuals for rigging and operation of them. Think what TVs were like before flat screens. LED walls followed on from CRT video walls.

This should be a good start for you.

Josh

thanks having a read now

Here's a short article about what came before LED screens in concert touring.

http://www.tpimagazi...big_screen.html

yes they are part of my course thanks for info and advise

You admit yourself that you have been on shows and planning the Uni festival? Unless these are part of your course, you have no excuse for not getting the work done.

Google manufactures of LED screens, look on their websites, they'll have photometric data, they'll have photos of the screens in use, manuals for rigging and operation of them. Think what TVs were like before flat screens. LED walls followed on from CRT video walls.

This should be a good start for you.

Josh

Moderation: Moved to The Next Generation since this is an assignment-related query.

To those complaining about a "homework" question, you have the option of ignoring the thread and not posting. Posts complaining about "homework" are worse for the S/N of the Blue Room than the queries themselves. If you're offended by such questions, ignore them. If you're REALLY offended, hit "Report"...but please don't start on-line arguments, especially when the poster has been honest and not tried to pretend this is a professional query.

Archived