1u, 4 Zone Mixer with ducking??

pete10uk

Hi All.

I'm looking for a 1u / 2u (at a push) 4 Zone mixer with the ability to auto duck microphones. I need 3 mic inputs and 3 Stereo. Good routing and ducking level controls would be desirable.

For budget gear as it is only powering a low quality 100v line system. Ive looked on Behringer site but they don't seem to do any with more than 3 zones.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

The only one I can think of is an Allen & Heath GR2 (Linky), but these aren't really budget (I think they retail at around £600). Take a look at cloud - they may have something similar.

The GR2 looks a great little install mixer, unfortunatly @ £600 it will double the cost of the whole system on this occasion.

It's funny, I never think or A&H for install equipment.

I'm thinking I may have to go with a 3 zone mixer or remove one of the mic inputs as it seems an odd number to need and most only seem to have only 2 mic inputs.

Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers

Did you need individual control of all 4 zones, 2 stereo zones or all 4 zones outputting the same?

Also, if you can lose a mic input then something like the omnitronic MZD-88 could work (it's 8 in 8 out) and they're pretty cheap. The info I've seen is fairly limited so I've never had a play with one so can't comment on quality I'm afraid.

E2A: Can't see if they have ducking ability so may not be suitable after all

The Z4ii looks the part, but will also be a budget buster. My house and garden amp is a Cloud 46/50 which was an eBay find, and it does similar things to the Z4ii, but in 2u wth integrated amps, and can be fitted internally with transformers to make it 100V line.

For a budget job the only way I can see you'll make this work is by having a couple of smaller zone mixers (1u Cloud kit comes up on eBay all the time) or be very lucky on eBay.

Archived