How do you remove head info from a cue in MagicQ?

Judge

I feel dumb, just cannot figure it out.

I have cue containing info for - for instance - spots and washes.

Now I want to remove any instructions for the spots from the cue.

How? Looking for the Chamsys equivilent of the Avo OFF button

Cheers

J

You could also INCLUDE the cue into the programmer, select the heads then the Clear Selected softbutton (which removes them from the programmer) and then UPDATE, making sure not to do anything to Merge into the existing cue.

As Josh mentions, the Record Remove is the nearest thing to the Avo OFF function in that it's a positive action that, well, turns stuff off. It's also a little less fiddly when removing specific attributes, although if you get used to the the shortcuts for clearing an attribute, you can use the INC/UPDATE method quickly. There is also probably a way to do it by holding down RECORD and doing something, I forget what it is and can't test without the desk in front of me.

Thanks Rob and Josh

As always with MagicQ there are many methods to do this it would seem! I think that the INC and UPDATE method is easier to remember and deploy.

By a monkey-like system of stabbing at buttons until something happens, I have just discovered another way to remove attributes:

INC the cue and open PROG window.

Click REM button then click attribute or entire head in PROG window and then UPD

Cheers

j

By a monkey-like system of stabbing at buttons until something happens, I have just discovered another way to remove attributes:

Click REM button then click attribute or entire head in PROG window and then UPD

Indeed, or shift + select / swipe select a range of attributes and hit REMove.

Or,

with the fixtures selected COLour + REMove knocks out all colour

Or,

REMove + turning the encoder knocks out that particular attribute

These are good if you like hands on, button pushing rather than fiddling about with the screen or the spreadsheets, especially with ML attributes that disappear off the right hand side of the PROG window and you aren't a fan of Auto Sorting the columns.

Incidentally, I always encourage use of Include and Update (like the Hog Load and Update method) when editing because it's easier to do more things, although in a theatre style environment it can be easier to play the cue live in the list (with the stack Selected), then Record , Update to merge the new programmer levels. It's a more theatre-y way of working and doesn't involved shunting values into the Programmer and back out again.

Edit: I've just looked up another way to update with programmer values without INCluding, which is the hold Select + Record. Never really used that one.

As everyone appreciates, there are so many different ways to do stuff on desks these days...

Thanks Rob and Josh

As always with MagicQ there are many methods to do this it would seem! I think that the INC and UPDATE method is easier to remember and deploy.

Cheers

j

You can also edit in a similar way by selecting the cue in the cue store or cue stack etc. then clicking the View Cue soft button at the top and removing attributes or heads this way.

Archived