MagicQ and Pilot 150

Nicktaylor

I realise these units dont have intensity as such the "dimming" is by the iris . I have worked through controlling everything except actually getting light out of the unit! I have gone through 1 thru 4 @@ etc with no avail. Anyone got an idea. I know it will turn out to be something really simple! I did a search of the forum but did not find this particular question

Is the grand master / sub master at 0?

When youve located the fixture, check the outputs window, what are the values for the various shutter channels set to? Do these match up with the manual?

If you press 'Ctrl' plus the 'Palettes' soft button, you should see all your patched lights in the group window. Select the correct group, then press the 'Locate' soft button. There are other shutter/dimmer soft buttons on this screen that can also be used.

If you press 'Ctrl' plus the 'Palettes' soft button, you should see all your patched lights in the group window. Select the correct group, then press the 'Locate' soft button. There are other shutter/dimmer soft buttons on this screen that can also be used.

Thanks for the replies. I am now able to get light out of the units! In a way its odd you seem to be able to do all attributes and see the unit moving except the actual light out! Anyway soon onto getting the frog to work with them. That should be easier!!

Thanks for the replies. I am now able to get light out of the units! In a way its odd you seem to be able to do all attributes and see the unit moving except the actual light out! Anyway soon onto getting the frog to work with them. That should be easier!!

What did you try setting the shutter attribute to out of interest? The pallete has 123 as Open and it locates at 255 (also open). This is on Beam page 1 on the first encoder in the top left, so you should be able to set this manually, or use the locate button to get this. Slightly odd that you didn't manage to get light out of it just using the encoders to be honest.

What did you try setting the shutter attribute to out of interest? The pallete has 123 as Open and it locates at 255 (also open). This is on Beam page 1 on the first encoder in the top left, so you should be able to set this manually, or use the locate button to get this. Slightly odd that you didn't manage to get light out of it just using the encoders to be honest.

So far I have just got light out. I can control all attributes but have no done the shutter bit yet! Still a big step forwards :)

After you have pressed Cntl + PALLETS, as well as clicking on the 'Group' window, you can also select each of the other 3 windows. Each does as titled, but will have a different selection of encoders active, each matched to a particular attribute. In this case, if you select the 'beam' window, you will see that encoder 'A' is labelled 'STROBE' which also controls the shutter.

After you have pressed Cntl + PALLETS, as well as clicking on the 'Group' window, you can also select each of the other 3 windows. Each does as titled, but will have a different selection of encoders active, each matched to a particular attribute. In this case, if you select the 'beam' window, you will see that encoder 'A' is labelled 'STROBE' which also controls the shutter.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I seem to have total control now. In fact I got my Frog working straight away as well. So roll on first show to try them in anger

Archived