New head from martin

Tss

“Our relentless focus on developing and launching new break-through products to the market - like the already released MAC Aura™ as well as our MAC Viper™, set for launch this spring – has set new standards for moving heads in the mid-segment and will continue to preserve Martin as the leading brand in the industry.”

What will it be?

spot/wash?

something details?

LED = a Mac700? I think you're still dreaming, don't think we're quite there yet with the technology.

Also, you need to realise that an LED system will never be efficent as CMY, it's always going to be better as RGB, look up additive vs subtractive colour mixing.

Of course, you did say "dear Santa"... so maybe by Christmas 2012 we'll be a bit closer ;)

LED = a Mac700? I think you're still dreaming, don't think we're quite there yet with the technology.

We are not too far from that point really. A Mac350 is close in brightnesss to a Mac700 - If they were to shove that "light engine" (or rather an upgraded version of it) into a fixture of the spec of a 700 you would have a pretty sweet fixture.

In the RGB world, have a look at the GLP Impression Spot One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b4GN_JgW2c&feature=related

They are not QUITE 700 spec, but still pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, you need to realise that an LED system will never be efficent as CMY, it's always going to be better as RGB, look up additive vs subtractive colour mixing.

Of course, you did say "dear Santa"... so maybe by Christmas 2012 we'll be a bit closer ;)

it's so hot :P

We are not too far from that point really. A Mac350 is close in brightnesss to a Mac700 - If they were to shove that "light engine" (or rather an upgraded version of it) into a fixture of the spec of a 700 you would have a pretty sweet fixture.

Indeed.

I have a couple of 700s sitting next to 350s in panto at the moment.

Side by side in open white spot few people can actually tell the difference twixt the two.

The optics aren't too close, but that I'm sure will come.

All well and good, but the bright LEDs are so expensive. For your own use, where over time there may be cost savings I can see the importance, but for a hire - why would anyone want to pay more money for a product with similar spec, just less power consumption, or am I missing something. Are the hire companies still using the same purchase cost into hire cost translation, or have they reduced the hire price top compensate for longer lifespan - or is the jury still out on that one?

All well and good, but the bright LEDs are so expensive. For your own use, where over time there may be cost savings I can see the importance, but for a hire - why would anyone want to pay more money for a product with similar spec, just less power consumption, or am I missing something. Are the hire companies still using the same purchase cost into hire cost translation, or have they reduced the hire price top compensate for longer lifespan - or is the jury still out on that one?

Main benefits I could see on a hire with the 350s are heat output and weight. Dimmed down means the LEDs are dim, so the fans slow / stop, so much less noise. For the hire company, there's obviously less heat issues and no need to replace the lamp, so maintainence costs are reduced.

My usual source puts out the 350 at about the same price as a 250 Entour, and the output of the 350 does win hands down. However one downside is only 1 gobo wheel, though I do like the different standard patterns the 350 has, and they are certainly very crisp. I have the 350s and 700s because they're being used in general for different purposes at times and the options suit me.

And yes, the heat output and weight DO make a difference compared to a 700.

However, as I've said before, current draw comparison between a 250 and a 350 is misleading - the 350 LED is slightly HIGHER in draw which did surprise me a tad.

And thus, because costs a reduced, I would certainly hope to see a reduction in the cost of the unit to hire compared to its original buy price, to be equal or less than its discharge equivalent.

Yea. If I was to hazard a guess it's an answer to CP Sharpy.(snip)

I thought thats what the Mac 250 Beam upgrade kit was all about. We all know how many 250 Washes there are in the world, and they are all a Beam light in potential for only a few hundred $$

Archived