3.5mm Male jack (Threaded)

AndyLoudon

Hullo!

Looking to see if anyone knows where I could find a dozen or so of these types of connector...

Looked in all the usual places (RS, Maplin etc etc, even Amazon!) but I don't think I'm searching for the right terms!

http://local.twitpicproxy.com/web22/img/487694577-48ebc1499e7e37b9c08f9fa31333166c.4f023df8-scaled.jpg

Seems to be a 3.5mm Male Jack plug with a sort of thread on it. Can anyone help please?!

Its either a very short plug or the threaded ring is loose and is slipped down the shaft of the plug. Normal plug should push in to about where the larger diameter shoulder of the threaded part finishes. ( my technical vocabulary feels rather inadequate for this and I cant be bothered drawing it)

Most locking 3.5mm plugs seem to have a female threaded section which tightens down on male thread on end of socket but I found this on Ebay:

3.5mm Locking Stereo Jackplug

What are they to be used for?

To me that looks as though it is an ordinary non-locking plug and the threaded flange has been put on the wrong way up. In other words the threaded side should be on the right of the photo and not the left. Otherwise how is the cover secured? If it really is as shown then what on earth does it mate with? (Sorry grammar pedants - with what on earth does it mate?)

Dave

If this is to fit sennheiser or similar transmitters, Studiospares stock the switchraft version which is robust and very high quality. Ive had many from them in the past, and are the best I have found.

Archived