Allen & Heath Mixwizard WZ16:2DX

boatman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jon. I've just been sent a link to all the schematics for the WZ16:2DX series which include the power supply, so I'm on a roll.

For anyone who might need them they are publicly available here:

http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?catId=&ProductId=WZ162DX&SubCatId=

• 2 weeks later...

I tracked the voltage fault down to a poor solder joint on the connector/PSU PCB inside the back panel. The channel fault was a bit harder to find but turned out to be an open-circuit resistor in one emitter leg of the input amp. After changing transistors and op-amps I still couldn't make sense of the biassing so in desperation started to measure all the resistors. The fourth one I tried was open-circuit, but showed no signs of having had its smoke let out, so I'm non the wiser as to the cause of the problem.

Anyway it's fixed, the multi-core is made and it all worked perfectly over the weekend.

Oh, and whilst I'm here, Happy (Chinese) New Year and welcome to the year of the Dragon.

Archived