LeapFrog 96 LTP behaviour in playbacks

simonp

Hi there,

I'm using a LeapFrog 96, running an old version of the software (V3 I believe). When I record a submaster with some LTP attributes in, the LTP attributes revert back to the previous values. i.e., If all fixtures are at home attributes, and I fire a submaster with some colour and positional data, releasing the fader will return the values back to the home attributes.

Now, I understand I'm using a rather old version of the software. Can anyone tell me if this would be cured by upgrading to V7 please? I have an important show looming soon and if the software update doesn't fix this then I'd rather wait until after this run to make the upgrade.

Any help anyone can be would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

That would be correct for a number of consoles - MA, HOG etc. If I understand correctly you have recorded a fader holding attribute values and you run this playback, they will do as recorded. Then once this fader is released they of course should go back to home to default position - what else would you expect to happen?

If you hold down SETUP and press the flash button of the submaster, you can change 'Release' to no.

This will then make the Submaster work as you require.

I would strongly suggest upgrading the software to the new version of ZerOS, it doesn't take too long!

Regards,

That would be correct for a number of consoles - MA, HOG etc. If I understand correctly you have recorded a fader holding attribute values and you run this playback, they will do as recorded. Then once this fader is released they of course should go back to home to default position - what else would you expect to happen?

Standard Avo desk behavour is that LTP attributes just stay where you left them - why bother moving back to default position?

why bother moving back to default position?

If one Submaster was controlling Gobo image, and another was controlling an FX channel, I'd want the option to have just the FX, just the Gobo, or a mixture of the two, without having to think about releasing certain Submasters.

It's very dependent on how you program.

Edit: (I'm aware a beam palette would be more useful here, but I'm simplifying it for explanation)

Standard Avo desk behavour is that LTP attributes just stay where you left them - why bother moving back to default position?

This is a bit of a trip up for Avo users, as you get used to LTPing things into a particular state and then leaving them until you change them. It's what I would call "real LTP" = whatever I just said, just do it and await further instruction.

I had a particular issue with the way that the Leap Frog programmer releases when busking shows and when I asked PK about this, apparently it's what Z88 users preferred. For me, when busking a show on an old Avo, I want to be able to ping up Position, Colour and Beam palettes (with a Spot On fader up) and not have the whole lot b**ger off when I hit Clear, sending a rig full of heads in open white, pointing at the floor again.

However, plenty of other consoles use the Active/Release concept, as Tim notes, it's just a case of getting used to it. And having a system of actives and playback priorities etc. can be more flexible, particularly if you can clear the programmer over a specified time or want to release a playback to return to another.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Archived