Confetti cannon connector

martinw

If your playing with these - beware, we found them to be horribly unreliable - the power just melts a wire n string combo to release the gas - you can fire them on mains but sometimes they blow so fast they dont release, you need a decent amp 12v to be reliable and then you find they fire in 3 - 10 seconds - so can be iffy for a stage job when your used to pyro response times.

If I recall, we found the plugs would fit into a standard figure8 connector with a bit of a trimming - and as it's 12v , I had no issue doing it

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice on this. I fired them from a 30V bench power supply with a 2A output limit (the supply goes straight into current limiting mode). This seemed to give a fairly consistent time of about 3 seconds between turning on the power and the cannon firing, which wasn't a problem for the show. I used 8 cannons and all fired correctly, so I would certainly recommend them and use them again.

Martin

Archived