Monitor Mixes...

maxjones2000

Shez have you managed to get studio editor talking to a desk under linux?

Alas not - the studio manager & editor work fine but the sticking point is the network driver. There may well be a way of doing it but I'm not a Linux guru so don't know enough about the intricacies of getting windows drivers to work in there.

[I'm not a Linux guru so don't know enough about the intricacies of getting windows drivers to work in there.

What you need is ndiswrapper.

I had networking issues when running Linux on my dell laptop... Ndiswrapper does some jiggery pokery (which I don't understand - as Linux also confuses me.... I have to use code in terminal to install something?? Eh?? Where's my exe??)

And allows you to use other network drivers with Linux.

Ref Linux...I have used the virtual Jester using WINE. Wine is the "conversion" prog. One thing with Linux is that almost everything in the applications/progs line is free.

You might have a look into WINE if interested.

WINE is a prerequisite for running windows programs - it's a compatibility layer rather than an emulator though. It's necessary for running thing like studio manager but drivers won't necessarily work with it.

I've used ndiswrapper before, although I can't remember the context. Possibly a project for a cold winter night...

Archived