Pearl 2004 delete fixture

Biskit

Hi Guys,

Very quick question... is it possible to delete a patched fixture from a Pearl 2004 without doing a wipe-all? We temporarily added some fixtures to our rig for a one-off event, and now want to remove all reference to them on the desk, to avoid future confusion.

I had saved the show to floppy beforehand, intending to re-load it afterwards to get back to our 'normal' patch and programming, however unfortunately the disk got corrupted!

Can it be done?

Cheers,

Ben.

Edit to add - course you can. Deleted a load of extra dimmers of it last night and a dimmer is just a simple fixture as far as the desk is concerned.

Still going to delete the macs just because I can. And I have a disk (uncorrupted) to hand :)

Never even realised that with the 2004 - I'm sure you can't do it on the 2000 can you? Or have I just spent the last few years wiping a desk for no reason? :P

Yes. It's no different.

However, all versions of Classic software do retain the personality information of any fixtures previously patched, even if they have since been deleted. In extreme situations this can become a problem as more and more memory is used. Therefore if you are, for example, adding different venue lamps to a touring rig every day, you would be wise to start from a clean original each time.

However, all versions of Classic software do retain the personality information of any fixtures previously patched, even if they have since been deleted.

Does this mean that if I delete them this time, but we hire the same fixtures again in future, I'll be able to patch them without needing the personality on a floppy? That would be useful.

Slightly hijacking this thread.... I know about deleting a fixture but how do you 'copy' a fixture that's already patched to a button into another button to multiply it (without having it on floppy)? And how do you move a fixture that's been put on the wrong button?

I always seems to end up deleting fixtures in buttons and going back to the floppy which can be a pain and takes time.

Archived