New lighting desk for a 250 capacity rock venue

Alec

For just over £700 you could have a MagicQ mini wing - and a DMX dongle and do everything - with a learning curve very shallow - stick a touch screen on and anyone can simply prod the rig plan and make things light up, and need to know nothing about computers at all! And you have nothing to upgrade if you hire in piles of clever kit. Your faders can be your colours and specials - but don't have to be. I really can't see anyone needing anything else, or needing to put up with the awkward simple controls.

I really can't see anyone needing anything else, or needing to put up with the awkward simple controls.

Totally agree - particularly as it is easy to setup a default state which can activate when the MQ programme is launched.

In one venue I programmed the computer just gets left on all the time, everything (led battens, led spots, led cans) is just turned on at the start of the day by a normal light switch for basic uses, and the more complicated stuff (movers etc. for gigs) is then done by some venue staff who have had some basic training (with the help of a few different execute screens with varying levels of detail).

Archived