Spiral Staircases

ladyjayne

You can't get a turn and a bit into a rise of only 6'6" without very low headroom and some bumped heads. This sort of height will be only a part turn. -When you stand on a step, you need headroom to the step above, and the step in front when you come down

Hmmm....

Yep - can see what you mean there - the turns and/or height of platform aren't hugely critical at this stage (can you tell I'm only brainstorming this at the moment... :D)

On reflection I can probably do it in a single turn, with a tad more height if needed.

I've got one being used in a current panto, leading up to 7' of steeldeck, it's got a turn of 5/8 or so the TD tells me. Bottom step is 1'' of the floor, top step is 5'' lower then the topmost deck and there are 13 steps. It's been custom made but if it sounds like something that would do for you let me know

I've got one being used in a current panto, leading up to 7' of steeldeck, it's got a turn of 5/8 or so the TD tells me. Bottom step is 1'' of the floor, top step is 5'' lower then the topmost deck and there are 13 steps. It's been custom made but if it sounds like something that would do for you let me know
That does indeed sound a possible - PM me the contact details if that's OK.

Thanks

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a pair (and a balcony to which they attach!) which could potentially be available to hire, but they travel as a unit, so I'd imagine the trucking costs alone may rule it out.

PM me if you want more details though.

Hi Rich,

Do you still have these staircases that you mentioned?

I am looking to possibly hire a staircase for an event we're doing and wondered what the structure of your system was and whether you had any photos.

Regards,

Liz

I am thinkin about this too - are the stairs still circulating?

Archived