Advertising for Staff

Just a quick question for those of you who have any involvement with hiring technical staff for theatre. Where do you advertise? Obviously "The Stage" and the ABTT website, but anywhere else?

And those of you applying for Jobs, where do you look?

Thanks in advance to anyone with any thoughts.

I reckon The Stage is the best place by far to put an ad for tech staff - everyone who's looking for a technical job in a UK theatre will look there. If it's a senior position, you might also get a response from somewhere like the Guardian Media section. And don't forget, you can put job ads in the Blue Room's Classifieds section, too!

Cheers guys!

It appears that "The Stage" is the key location to advertise much as I thought, we had considered the Guardian, but for the scale of the venue this is prohibitively expensive. We'll throw the advert in the local papers, although I feel it probably won't come to much.

Incidently it's my job we're advertising, just had someone who had verbally accepted the job decide he didn't want it! I'm leaving at the end of the week leaving them in a bit of a mess. Ah well can't be helped! Thanks again for your input!

Archived