Israel Radio Frequencies

olly_steel

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have any experience of touring to Tel Aviv, Israel? More specifically, does anyone know of any radio spectrum regulations in existence? I'm guessing there's nothing as strict as the UK but would rather not find out the hard way.

The situation... I have a show going there soon needing to achieve 24 ways of radio. Thankfully it's a UHR4D system so plenty of flexibility.

I'll contact the venue if need be but if anybody has any first hand experience I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Olly

First thing tomorrow contact their embassy in London and ask to speak to the cultural exchange folk. If anyone in this country should know its odds on they will know the answer.

Course, they may be a tad preoccupied just at this moment what with one thing and another. And, it might be a shrewd notion to contact the FCO bods for their advice on visiting the region, just at this moment...due diligence and all that sort of thing.

Israeli embassy and UK FCO should offer you some advice, as should the receiving venue. Also call the makers of your preferred system for their advice they may already have the data ready collated for you.

Also check that these will be allowed into Israel! Ben Gurion airport is probably the most secure in the world and the Israeli seaports are secured well too.

As usual, the international listings on the Sennheiser site may be useful. Have a look HERE.

However, I think the advice to contact the Israeli embassy is very good. It's a sensitive area in a conflict with its neighbours--and it's worth making sure the paperwork for import and operation is correct.

Is there no way you can hire the kit in-country?

Personally (politically), I would find it difficult to justify touring Israel but taking any radio equipment into the country is highly questionable. They have a history of being rather careless with laptops and the like and there may well be a refundable deposit to be paid on any electrical equipment temporarily imported.

Be aware that the US is warning citizens about walking alone near Jerusalem, that everyone warns against Gaza, West Bank and anywhere near Syria and Lebanon and there are warnings about the protests over the cost of living which are going on everywhere right now.

Take as much advice as you can get before going. Ben Gurion is not the best place to try arguing with anyone, ever!

You could also try speaking with Betty Bam Sound & Light who are a major provider in Israel. Goes without saying that interfering with military and police/emergency frequencies out there is serious. Paper work needs to be spot on as all equipment and personal luggage will be checked (allow LOTS of time at check-in both here and at Ben Gurion airport), I speak from experience!

Archived