Stopping live fades on Avo Pearl

mrcog

Afternoon everyone, been a while since I posted but just got a quick question about live fades on an Avo Pearl.

Say your doing a live fade over 10 seconds from cyan too magenta or whatever, and 5 seconds in, you get a nice light purpley colour that you like the look of and want to keep it, is there any way to stop that live fade and leave the colour as it is? Same for positions or gobo rotation speed or anything that can be faded really!

Would be great if anyone could get back to me on this!

Cheers,

James

Say your doing a live fade over 10 seconds from cyan too magenta or whatever, and 5 seconds in, you get a nice light purpley colour that you like the look of and want to keep it, is there any way to stop that live fade and leave the colour as it is? Same for positions or gobo rotation speed or anything that can be faded really!

Use Mode 2 (instead of LTP fade times) and leave the faders where they are when you hit the thing you like?

I don't normally have colours and positions on faders, and have em on the palette/flash keys and just have my intensities and moment on faders im afraid!

Ah, you didn't mention palettes. Perhaps if this is a situation you find yourself in (wanting to really mix colours on the fly) you should consider using CMY on faders along with Ints etc. and set them to Mode 2. It's great to be able to recall palettes over time but I can't think of a feature that let's you stop mid palette fade.

Josh, if you put your DSC position on a Mode 2 fader, you can time your fade to get there exactly at the right time, by hand. My favourite use of this is the All OUT position for the traditional final crowd flyout at the end of a number. The good thing is, when the next song starts, you can fade the position back down again and all your heads return to their stage positions over the time you choose.

Course the thing I forgot to mention is that, with Mode 2, if you stop the fader with anything, colour, strobe, position, the attributes stop where they are - for those that didn't know.

This means you can colour mix on the fly with LTP channels, or stop a position halfway (or waggle those mirrors furiously.) I also use Mode 2 for my strobe fader, finding a point on the strobe parameter that I want to be 100% (like fast or random) and then use Mode 2 to pick out one of the many different strobes further down the scale (slow etc.)

When it's time to stop a-strobin, just pull the fader out and order is restored. A lot easier than reaching for the All Stop palette or playback.

Matthew - Two ways of doing it, either before it's programmed or you can edit it once it's been programmed.

To set a playback as mode 2 before saving, follow the below simple steps:

1: Setup your state to how you want it

2: Press Memory/Cue

3: Press '2' on the keypad

4: Select the blue swop key you want to save the playback to

5: All Done!

Alternatively:

Once you've programmed a fader as a playback, you'll see on the screen next to 'Key G'; an option of 'Playback Parameters'.

Select Key G, then press the blue swop key of the playback you want to set to mode two.

Lastly, you'll see on the screen an option to 'Switch to Mode 2'. Simply select that and your playback will now be mode 2.

Hope that helps :)

What is mode two and how do you change a fader to be mode two?

Mode 2 is 'fade by fader'.

LTP values will fade in/out according to fader position. In Classic software this will only work for attributes that are not set to instant - you can change this in Program/Patch/[Patch Utilities]/[set/Reset Instant/Fade] (an external VDU is required to see the current state).

It is also used to enable control of shape size and/or speed in Classic software (toggle timed/static in Program/[shape Generator]/[Playback Parameters]).

Note that the first method Aaron detailed above is only true for Classic. In order to set the fade mode in both Classic and Titan software you toggle in Program/[Edit Times]. In Classic you must press <enter> to complete.

Archived