Theatre blacks

jman

sorry I did not mean backs as in clothing I meant black fabric for legs and borders. Sorry

My apologies! The first thing that comes to mind when I hear "theatre blacks" is clothing!

You might try contacting local theatres? If they're getting a new stock in, I'm sure they'd rather their old stock went to a good home, rather than in the bin!

• 3 weeks later...

The cheap stuff from Whaleys is cheaper than washing and re flameproofing used drape.

Consider whether used drape will be clean and presentable, and be sold with a flame retardancy guarantee?

..and all the ties are there...

Try: http://www.jcjoel.com/

KC

Seconded - J&C Joel have pretty much any fabric you can imagine, and they'll finish them (hems, ties, conduit pocket etc) to extremely custom specifications. I got a quote recently on some taffeta for a show (marketed by J&CJ as Polyester Trevira) and it was comparable in price to Whaleys, but the customer service is so much better - phone them up and ask for Glynis.

Archived