Titan Mobile Shape Question

tom_the_LD

Hi all,

Quick question for you all. Currently using my Titan mobile and I'd like to do a random dimmer spread. Does such an option exist? I can see a way to reverse the direction, but not randomise it. Or, failing that, is there a "Random dimmer" shape hidden somewhere that I can't see?

Cheers!

Tom

No. The patterns that the shapes use work by applying offsets to the current attribute value over time. If the random pattern is applied to the dimmer attribute you will get a dimmer level jumping up and down at various levels.

I would imagine this is not the effect you are wanting (and it is only a repeating pseudo random pattern anyway). Really what you probably want is a dimmer spread with randomly changing phase offsets on each fixture. This is not possible at the moment although the need for a solution is understood.

I just make chases and set them to random.

Do you actually want genuinely random during the playback of the shape? Or do you just want a seemingly random selection order that the shape fires through the fixtures in an "here, there and everywhere" sequence.

If the latter, how about:

I have neve used Titan Mobile, but if I am using an Avo desk and want my shape to appear "random" I use one of my randomised selection groups. Although there is no "random" button as on other desks, I just stab at fixture Swop buttons in any old order and save it to a group called Random Spots or whatever. Then the shape plays back across that selection.

On the non Titan desks, I like to use Group 1 as All Spots (in fixture order) and Group 11 as All Spots "Random". Then if I wanted to select that I just double hit 1 and Recall Group... easy to remember.

Archived