Where's Shuttlesound gone?

KevinE

Are Telex Shuttlesound still going?

I've tried to ring them but keep getting a woman in Germany, no doubt being diverted to the Bosch parent company.

I would like to deal with the old company if possible as they were great.

The Shuttlesound UK sales reps have been retained and in theory should still be contactable on the same mobile numbers.

Servicing and distribution have been moved to the continent.

We've had excellent service from Shuttlesound for the past ten years and are sorry to see them go.

Mmm. Oh dear oh dear. I dealt with Bruce Card and he was great.

Dynacord in the UK are handled by what appears to be a retail outlet; Polar Audio. After checking stock, I ordered my part off them instead, as alot of the EV and Dynacord parts are of course interchangeable. They seem to be one of these companies who prefer everything to be done by email as opposed to the telephone. Unfortunately I got an email tonight at home saying that they were out of stock of the bits I wanted and they won't be in for a fortnight.

Sounds like yet another manufacturer upping-sticks from the UK and retreating to the fatherland wherever that may be; in the case of the Telex/EV/Dynacord brands, that is Bosch in Germany.

Dynacord used to be distributed by Shuttlesound alongside Electrovoice, but five or six years ago the decision was made by Telex to move Dynacord distribution away. Part of the thinking at the time was that both brands would achieve better sales if there was an element of competition between them. When they were both with the same distributor often a Dynacord item wouldn't be stocked if there was a direct EV equivalent. (Things like amps and DSPs were identical apart from the badges and the internal presets)

Unfortunately our experience with Polar Audio was terrible, so much so that we abandoned Dynacord entirely, whereas when they were with Shuttlesound it was our main install brand.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a shame. I need to get an EV CP3000 amplifier repaired and I've been told it must be sent out to a service dept in Germany! Are there any other authorised EV service centre's in the UK that could handle this repair quickly?

Thanks,

Dan

• 1 year later...
arrgh ... im trying to get some help in fixing up 2 P3000 ... from the posts above ... does that mean I have to get them packed to germany HQ? ... was hoping for some hints if possible so I might tinker with them first in my workshop. nothing looks burnt, it just trips protect a few secs after power up. the power in rush seems a little strong but then again its the first time I run into a P3000 so I wouldnt know if that is the norm. the PCB looks dirty and it tempts me to give it a good wash n dry ...

Archived