.avi mac

Andy!

Some can and some can't. It depends on what program was used to create them.

For example - my brother sends me .avi videos from his digital camera which I can play no problems on my iBook, but if he edits them on his PC first then I can't play them.

Some can and some can't.  It depends on what program was used to create them.

For example - my brother sends me .avi videos from his digital camera which I can play no problems on my iBook, but if he edits them on his PC first then I can't play them.

The program I use allows you to create your own flash animations, and then I would usual export this to .avi and play it on my windows computer in powerpoint. But now we are running projection of an eMAC in powerpoint but I will be making the animation at home.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Damn windows not making standards compliant files..... :) (stands back and awaits the barrage of 'PC is best, it's the macs fault type' comments).

.avi files can be compressed with a variety of different codecs, which then relies on the codec for playback. It can be a minefield with digital media.

Archived