Desk to Find

jcb28

I have a show that is a venue that has a Zero 88 Jester, the show consists of about 50 ques that go back between a static normal state to a chase, this happens again and again and is the bulk of the show, the Jester will let you record a chase to a sub master but not then on to a memory, which is what I want to make programming easy, the copy function will only let you copy on step of the chase, am thinking about buying a second hand desk, but what desk to buy , have got about £500 , have looked at the strand 200 but will not do as I want either , any idea's and where to buy it ?????

Fairly certain the good ole zero88 sirus let you do this,problem is A)there limited to 24 or 48 channels and B)not all of them are DMX,but there fairly cheap

They certainly will and are built like a tank, come to think of it they're painted in a very military looking colour too..

Although they are only 24 or 48 channels they do have a full 512 patch so you can patch lots of DMX addresses to a channel

Dave

You can record a chase onto a cue in the cuestack on the Jester. If you record the first "look" onto the desired cue within the stack and then record on top of that like you would when recording a chase onto a submaster (by setting the second look, navigating to the same cue using the up/down keys and then pressing record and selecting 'create chase'), a chase will be recorded onto the cue. Hope this helps!! :)

Also, if youre not too keen with using the Jester, +1 for using MagicQ. The software is free, so you could buy a fader wing or a decent touch screen monitor/computer and use that. Ive never used MagicQ for busking etc, but its VERY good for cuestacks and is very powerful. Just a side thought..!! :)

Archived