Color Rocket scrollers

Mr Steve

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying some used scrollers. Rainbows are too expensive, Chroma-Qs seem good value and I've used those before, but I've spotted some cheap Color Rocket scrollers on AC Lightings site. Has anyone had any experience with these? I've had a google but nothing turned up. Are they cheap for a reason, eg they break?

Stephen

I beleive thoman are doin the stairville colour changers (par 64 fitting) for £109 per scroller with a 10 colour string, and the power supply unit is around £100 that will power multiple units.

In all great value for money

Maybe.

I know someone who bought one to play with. I don't think he'll mind me posting his comments...

My cheapo scroller arrived this morning!

I can't tell you what a good buy they are! THE quietest scroller I have ever encountered (dual motor so no whirring belts). Brilliant tensioning! FAST!

…….AND…… the thing even comes with a scroll!

INCREDIBLE!

but after leaving it running for a few days...

Complete change of mind!

Piece of sh*t! Its going wrong already.

Takes circa 3 secs to realize there has been a DMX change. It overshoots, jiggles about looking for the right place and one time in 3, overshoots the end of the scroll….. stalls and recalibrates itself! Great scroller on day one…….absolutely sh*t one on day 2!

……of course…… I might just have a bad one!

ive got six of these units, that I bought a while back, (they were not as cheap as they are now)

and I have only encounted 1 small fault, in 18 months, and that was just a motor fault.

so in all I reckon they are good for £100

maybe you just encounted a faulty unit?

I'm thinking of buying some used scrollers.  I've spotted some cheap Color Rocket scrollers on AC Lightings site. Has anyone had any experience with these? I've had a google but nothing turned up.

Stephen

I saw the same things a while ago and phoned ac lighting to ask. They are, apparently, earlier versions of the (if I remember correctly) Chroma-Q. A phone call of your own would work wonders! I decided not to get them, mainly because no-one has heard of them and if they were any good they probably would have!

Archived