Head Torch

d.breeze

Well I got the tikka and have already used it in anger, was brilliant for loading trucks in the ptich black. Shall be using it all week when working in blacked-out marquees and shipping containers so I hope it stands up to the abuse!

I use the silva l4, build quality is good has different brightness levels, a red led and is cheaper than the petzls. I also have a cheapo headtorch from pound shop, build quality not too good but it has a magnet which means you can mount it to the inside of the roof of the van whilst loading out in the dark. Not worried if I loose it either (the pound shop one)

Regards,

Ben Wainwright

Poundland is doing a surprisingly good headtorch that takes the typical 3 x AAA holder. There seems to be a slight manufacturing issue whereby the twist-off battery cap is fused on slightly, probably due to a paint conflict on the components. If yours is jammed on then use care when twisting it off with force as it may snap the head mount if it goes suddenly.

The paint issue is probably the reason they are in Poundland. Not an issue for the technically minded, but buy two just in case. Their 6 pack of AAA alkalines is a good choice too.

Archived