Pearl Simulator Shapes not working

numberwrong

I'm designing a show on the pearl simulator.

Ive patched and programed palettes and now Ive come to start programming some playbacks the shapes don't work - hitting 'playback a shape' does nothing and doesn't advance to the list of shapes.

If I wipe all and patch a few of the same fixtures the shapes do work. It took me quite a while to get to where I am as there are lots of complex palettes and clicking with a mouse is a pain in the arse so I dont want to have to start again - http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

any Ideas?

ps.

I am selecting fixture handles before trying to apply a shape

Try the usual trick of reloading SG.DAT from a personality or show disk. It's under System mode. That usually sorts out problems with shapes (well, on the Pearl - dunno about the Sim), it might be the the personality disk you used to patch the fixtures didn't have a decent SG.DAT when you started.

Only thing is, it seems odd that patching up more fixtures sorts it but doesn't apply it to your originals. That sounds more like Sim bug.

You can't load an sg.dat file on the sim (as far as I can see) as doesn't give you an option to select a folder like it does when you load a personality.

I'm not patching more fixtures on to the current show - I'm wiping all and patching up a few of the same personalitys.

I have been fannying a lot with the patch - including deleting all the JT pixel pars from the handles and repatching by re loading a personality from file. I noticed in the patch screen still had this fixture assigned to a letter - maybe I confused it.

Is it a common thing for the shape file to be corrupted during programming on a real desk? If so, and the normal fix is to reload the shape file I'll have to start again... balls.

Well, issues with SG.DAT do happen with the Pearl but not as an onset problem, just as an issue after patching. By that I mean, if the shape file was good at the start, it stays good.

I related the issue to using particular compressed personality disks, and the fix was to reload using an old show disk or an uncompressed personality file. If that's not an option on the simulator then I guess you are stuck with repatching over. :-(

You can get the shapefile from here.

Go to the options menu at the top of the simulator window and select 'set folder...'

Point this to the location of the folder with sg.dat.

System/[utilities]/[load shape file]

It might be necessary to close/restart the sim after that. Not sure but on the console you do need to do a soft reset.

Archived