Peal busking - Flash in takeover mode

numberwrong

Hello,

I want to busk a show on a pearl 2008 so I will want to add pallets live and flash playbacks with dimmer/shutter info recorded. In takeover mode you cant' flash playbacks - the manual says they are disabled in takeover mode?!

how do people get round this?

do people switch between takeover and normal mode? this would be very annoying.

Thanks

this would be very annoying.

agreed. You can still use pallets in run mode so unless you want to program as you are busking? When I'm using a 2008 I tend to leave it in takeover all the time and just manually 'flash' with the playback faders.

Flash works normally. It is only swop that is disabled in takeover.

I'm only practicing on the simulator but flash and swap are disabled in takeover mode - and to quote the manual in the takeover mode section "The Flash and Swop buttons on the playbacks are

disabled"

- Ive just noticed ive spelt pearl wrong on the topic oops

Regardless of what the manual says, you have definately been able to use the Flash buttons on playbacks on the classic Pearl in takeover mode all the way back to the 2000 (at least).

The desk would be useless if you couldn't.

Regardless of what the manual says, you have definately been able to use the Flash buttons on playbacks on the classic Pearl in takeover mode all the way back to the 2000 (at least).

The desk would be useless if you couldn't.

Agreed - I was pretty sure that it was the only swaps that didn't work in takeover but what with the manual and sim suggesting otherwise you can see where I'm coming from.

Flash and swap do work on the sim in normal mode like the manual states - Ive just tested it with dimmers so I cant think its a personality mis-match with the visualiser.

I hope this is an error.

Thanks for your input

On all the Pearl 2004/2008s I've used the flash buttons have _never_ worked in takeover mode (even with a fresh copy of the firmware). I believe it's because they are used for linking playbacks.

On my 2000 the flash buttons work fine, use them to flash lights. The way I do it is program the lights eg, 250's onto the roller cue. Ie 250A and 250B at full brightness and work it off the roller cue. Not sure if this is the case for the 2008 but im not aware of any major updates?

On all the Pearl 2004/2008s I've used the flash buttons have _never_ worked in takeover mode (even with a fresh copy of the firmware). I believe it's because they are used for linking playbacks.

Are you sure you're not in Program mode?

Are you sure you're not confusing with program mode? Here the grey/blue keys are for making linked copies but in run mode (normal or takeover) the grey key should be flash/go (unlinked chases) and the blue key is swop in normal and filtered palette in takeover.

/edit: sorry about the echo...

Seems to be a lot of contradictory info for such a famous desk!

I forgot but I'm actually using an Avo Tiger on Saturday so I'll see what happens in real life as a pose to simulator (I'll report back here).

@ thomas90 we were talking specifically about the function of the grey flash buttons for playbacks in takeover mode (during run mode) - is this how you run things?

@Blip2 - I think linking playbacks is a function in program mode not run mode (on the key) - I am assuming (and hoping) that niclights is wright and that in takeover mode playback flash buttons are for flashing and swop key are disabled to be used for quick pallets.

EDIT: big up the staying up late and chatting the tech s**t cru - sorry for more echos- looks like during righting this others came to the same conclusion

Archived