DJ programme

queen_fan_101

Can anyone recommend any decent but free DJ software to download?

Virtual DJ (Home Edition). Has more limited MIDI and I/O capabilities than the Pro version, but I have downloaded it and been quite impressed. If you find you are using it a lot, then you could always consider upgrading in the future.

If you are doing a lot of scratching and actual mixing (instead of just playing music) then I would definitely recommend some sort of MIDI controller, as it is not the easiest of things to do with a mouse, and you can get cheap controllers from stores like Thomann, even some which are designed to work with Virtual DJ, and therefore have the same layout as the screen.

Can anyone recommend any decent but free DJ software to download?

Well, though you MAY get some valid answers here from those who stray into DJ territory, we are primarily a theatre based forum, so you'd probably get far better results if you Googled a DJ forum instead of this one...

MobileDJforums was a good suggestion a while ago, it may still be.... However expecting to get a Good piece of software by FREE Download is rather a lot. Most DJ software now handles music karaoke and possibly video and has lots of features which don't come cheaply. I did buy a copy of PCDJ Red 5.1 for about £50 a while ago, I have to say I like the search facilities on PCDJ better than the few other that I have used.

If you have access to a Mac then Traktor is great. I have a friend who is a DJ and they use for all there gigs.

You can get traktor for windows aswell. The only problem is that its a very long way from free...

I would probably go with VDJ for most things, mainly because there's a free version, and an auto beat sync function :D

Archived