Cyc stretchers

Will Perkins

Hi all,

I'm after some new cyc stretchers for our (obviously) cyc. I know I could make them and I may well do - but wondered if there was somewhere you could actually buy them off the shelf, for ease?

Google wasn't my friend on this one :(

Cheers

Interesting product, I've always seen eyelets and rope/cable ties used, but then again I don't pay to much attention to how the drapes are hung :D

Might have to get me some, just to give them a try!

So they just have teeth that grab hold of the material? Do they damage the material after repeated use?

The ones I have used have no teeth, the grip comes from the pressure of the weight/tension of the cloth being pulled against the rope on the holdon, so the tighter you pull the harder the grip.

I know I could make them and I may well do - but wondered if there was somewhere you could actually buy them off the shelf

do you really need to buy something to do this job?

He doesn't "really need to" buy something, he knows that and he said so.

Did you actually read the post you're replying to?

I know I could make them and I may well do - but wondered if there was somewhere you could actually buy them off the shelf

do you really need to buy something to do this job?

He doesn't "really need to" buy something, he knows that and he said so.

Did you actually read the post you're replying to?

Yes thanks, I did. I was questioning the initial premise of purchase and supporting the OPs point of just making them. By the time you have actually ordered them you could have made some and cost very little with materials normally hanging around in abundance in a theatre

Archived