White "material" suggestions?

wasn't completely sure where to stick this, so feel free to move it.

Im looking for suggestions on cheap(ish) White material, that can be hung in various fashions to dress up a stage, that will take on the colours from led cans well.

I have seen material used before that seemed to be almost like net curtain type, does anyone know what this is called?

Or suggestions of things that will work?

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm looking to do something similar using white voile (which is 100% polyester...) and was just wondering what would be the best way to go about flameproofing a large amount of this material. Would this need to be soaked? I'm planning to use about 15m of the fabric to drape at the back of the stage. This is also going to be lit by 3 x coda (3 cell) but I'm worried about how close the lights will be able to get before any heat damage occurs.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Flame "proofing" will NOT stop the polyester from melting if overheated even if it is possible to treat non absorbant fabric. LED cans are now popular for some event uplighting to prevent heat damage to building and installation fabrics.

I'm looking to do something similar using white voile (which is 100% polyester...) and was just wondering what would be the best way to go about flameproofing a large amount of this material.

Does it need to be Voile or could you use Taffeta? If you buy the right stuff, called 'Tevira CS' (aka IFR Polyester) you don't need to treat it as it's IFR. Expect to pay around £4/m max.

intrigued by brains suggestion

Don't call him that. He'll get all big headed http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Archived