Set / props for 'Hairspray'

Firstly, apologies for a vague post.

Our school (state secondary) will be putting on a summer production of Hairspray. Does anyone have any useful bits of set or props that we could utilise for our production? Primarily the drama department are looking for the large hairspray canister prop, but any other bits would be useful.

The school I work for did hairspray last year. They have a large (7ft) canister with mecanism that also sprays foam. It is timber construction and has been sat for the past 12-15 months. Im not sure about "giving" it away but they would deffinately be intertested in selling it on for a small fee towards our next show...

If your interested then let me know and ill sort out some pictures. The only problem is that we are located near derby, so it may be a bit of a mission for you to collect... I must admit though. the construction is really impressive...

Archived