Converting Patt 23 and 123 to domestic fittings

j.macdonaldlucas

Have to say that I always fancied doing a Patt23 conversion to either a 12v 100w 50mm reflector lamp or a 250w 24v lamp add a transformer and a fan, or even put a A1/223 (kodak carousel lamp) in the proper place for the optics.

:D At the risk of being sentimenal, NO, its va travisty,still maybe thats why I'm the creator of a vintage theatre lighting collection.If you really really have to,I would agree with the above comments "sob sob!"

:D At the risk of being sentimenal, NO, its va travisty,still maybe thats why I'm the creator of a vintage theatre lighting collection.If you really really have to,I would agree with the above comments "sob sob!"

I may have a couple of rank strand 12 way mini 2 portable(ish) dimmers as you have a vintage theatre collection. They are too old for my venue. PAT tested until November 2011. If you are interested make me an offer.

I hate to see 123s and 23s being used for domestic lighting I still use mine for their intended purpose after fully restoring them. Still it is better than someone tossing them into a skip. "sob sob"

I also own a complete rig of S4 and S4 PARs so I don't have the excuse of being the creator of a vintage lighting collection.

I hate to see 123s and 23s being used for domestic lighting I still use mine for their intended purpose after fully restoring them.

I agree with this in principle, that said for a while I had one on my desk with the proper lamp in it run at a very low level on a dimmer...

The things I do to try and feel connected to this world when stuck doing my "real" job ; ) ... we're moving house soon and I want to try incorporate some theatrical fixtures somewhere - even if they are birdies..

I hate to see 123s and 23s being used for domestic lighting I still use mine for their intended purpose after fully restoring them.

I agree with this in principle, that said for a while I had one on my desk with the proper lamp in it run at a very low level on a dimmer...

The things I do to try and feel connected to this world when stuck doing my "real" job ; ) ... we're moving house soon and I want to try incorporate some theatrical fixtures somewhere - even if they are birdies..

Ahh! I can relate to this, I also have a day job and I also like to remain connected to my outside interest. the birdie on the desk is a good idea. I have been known to take a lantern to work and have it sit in my office as a talking point for a few weeks - hey we have take your kids to work day. There is nothing like a S4 or a Patt 243 sat by the wall to help you feel connected.

Okay officer I will come quietly

It will be interesting to see how well it works,

As I have heard that CFL's dont last too long if they are not in a well ventilated fitting.

But try it any way and see.

R.S. might have all the parts but they are not well known for low prices.

You would do well to shop around a bit.

I have about 15 broken Patt 23's and 123's. I want to convert them so they can be used in the home as a normal lamp with an energy saving bulb and a 13 Amp plug.

Does anybody know which components to use? Is RS the best place to order the bits from?

Archived