outdoor small DMX splitter/"filter"

ceecrb1

I´m in need of an item and I´m not sure if it even exists.

I've been doing an alteration to service contract we have.. we have swapped out some hmi fixtures for LED's... the new led fixtures seem to not like the DMX they are receiving.. but are happy enough to work when I add a DMX splitter just by the first fixture in the chain.

There is about 400m of DMX cable from the wholehog to the fixtures, with 2 splitters in line, the last of these being a good 150m away after the cable has done its routes through man holes etc etc..

SO I´m trying to find a splitter of some sort of filter that would clean up the signal again after the run, like the 19" splitter I used... BUT it needs to be small and capable of working outside.. and if not able to install outside.. small enough that I can buy some PVC boxes and install it inside without it being too big and ugly.

They will not be fully exposed as they are in an open structure.. but it is still "outside"

What kind of things exist like this???

google "mini DMX splitter" came up with this... anybody with experience of these?

http://www.terralec.co.uk/dmx_lighting_controllers/mini_dmx_splitter/30484_p.html

A simple 1-1 repeater just needs two line transceiver chips and a power supply.

Well, to be accurate - two power supplies and some isolation are needed as you'll be wanting to run an isolated repeater.

A simple 1-1 repeater just needs two line transceiver chips and a power supply.

Well, to be accurate - two power supplies and some isolation are needed as you'll be wanting to run an isolated repeater.

Of course - I'm more used to DMX runs in the tens, not hundreds of metres, where isolation isn't as big an issue.

Archived