Acetate gobo?

yeletah

Yes. So although the brightness does diminish noticably with the lamp in the flat position (although it was fine as a projection on to the cyc, in our application) it will run at 100% fine and reduces the chances of accidentally burning it out prematurely.

• 7 months later...

When I bought my one Pacific, I got the high powered one by accident. Therefore unless you run it at tick over the laminate does suffer over time. I assume the lamps are radically different or can a lower powered bubble be slotted in? Just recently the idea of laminate projection has come up and I want to experiment again

Nick

I was taught to lower the 600w lamp into the Pacific base to reduce the power and the heat that gets to the fergo. This is the opposite to peaking a lamp when you fit a new one tp a fixture. I would try a 600w lamp in a 1200w base as it may have the same misadjustment as lowering a 600w base.

Why is acetate being used as a term ?as they are plastic projection sheets.

Coemar do a LED profile (v,v expensive) which can display "everything" from an ordinary metal gobo to a picture printed on acetate from your "household" printer. Owing to the LED "light engine" being much, much cooler than a tungsten lamp the acetate does not suffer heat damage.

On the Pacific, one trick is to actually read the manual!

Specifically, the 1KW (red handled lamp base) will ALSO take a 650W T class lamp (MUCH Less light, but you can get the lamp center where it needs to be)!!

It is in the manual, but is NOT documented on the spec sheet.

Going slightly past flat on the lamp helps as well.

I have had good luck with this even with standard Pacific gobo holders, and even with the KW lamp it works if you use high temperature acetates and don't get silly.

Regards, Dan.

Why is acetate being used as a term ?as they are plastic projection sheets.

It's because the sheets of plastic used on overhead projectors are generally known (in the UK at least) as "acetates". Presumably they used to be made out of acetate, which is a type of plastic. I think they are polyester these days.

Coemar do a LED profile (v,v expensive) which can display "everything" from an ordinary metal gobo to a picture printed on acetate from your "household" printer. Owing to the LED "light engine" being much, much cooler than a tungsten lamp the acetate does not suffer heat damage.

I must say I have some Harmony lanterns which I would ideally sell, but having seen you can buy "light engines" I an seriously thing about some experimentation using old lanterns re fitted

On the Pacific, one trick is to actually read the manual!

Specifically, the 1KW (red handled lamp base) will ALSO take a 650W T class lamp (MUCH Less light, but you can get the lamp center where it needs to be)!!

It is in the manual, but is NOT documented on the spec sheet.

Going slightly past flat on the lamp helps as well.

I have had good luck with this even with standard Pacific gobo holders, and even with the KW lamp it works if you use high temperature acetates and don't get silly.

Regards, Dan.

I must say I dont recall geeting a maual, even thought the lantern was brand new. Was a few years ago now!

Archived