Chroma-Q Plus with barn doors tabs

Andrew Edwards

I'm looking at getting some Chroma-Q plus' to put on some Selecon Compacts and Ramas.

There is plenty of info regarding the plates to put them on the fixture itself but very little about the barn door tabs.

Does anyone know if a Selecon (179mm) barn door will fit on the front of the scroller?

Also, I am looking at putting some Chroma-Q moving mirrors on some source 4's and may want to put the scroller in between. Will the same barn door tabs accept the mirror with a plate size of 160mm? (i.e. does it adjust)

Cheers,

Andrew.

Barndoors? On a Pacific? But it's a profile lantern...? :)

Well I could be mistaken but we have a group of 1K/1.2K Fresnels made by Selecon which we refer to as pacifics. It is of course possible that we have mis-identified them. Next time I'm in the theatre I'll take a closer look at the Selecon Fresnels.

In terms of the original request - I have used the Chroma Qs on a typical 6" Fresnel (same size as a CCT Starlette) simply transferring the barndoor from the unit to the scroller.

I have had a response from Chroma-Q.

They do 2 sets of barndoor tabs; for CCT Starlette and JT PAR56 doors. No adjust.

I guess if you want to shape a fresnel with a Chroma-Q plus on it you may need to buy barndoors to fit too.

List prices as of current date...

CCT Starlette Barndoor £75. ouch.

JT PAR56 Barndoor £30. a bit better.

Andrew.

I've used a chroma Q on a Selecon Pacific and just used the Pacific's barndoors on the front of the scroller. I'm not sure if this is the only size available on the chroma Q fitting.

@david.elsbury - you were quite right to question. The Pacific range are as you say profiles rather than Fresnels. I've looked at the lanterns today - they don't appear to have a model name on them so that may excuse the mis-identification. Looking at the Selecon site it seems to me that these are actually the now discontinued Selecon Compact Fresnel - now replaced by the Rama.

Theses are described as 6" Fresnels - so CCT Starlette and similar size barndoors should fit the clips on the Chroma-Q

Archived