Tecpro Line Isolator

Hi all (and hoping this is in the correct area)

Does anyone know anything about the Tecpro/Canford Li906 Line Isolator? Is is literally a couple of XLR plugs with pin 3 lifted or is there some fancy termination wiring inside? I'd rather not pay +£30 for one if I can avoid it!

... or is there some fancy termination wiring inside? I'd rather not pay +£30 for one if I can avoid it!

Power is passed through the unit while the communications circuit is interrupted. A new line termination network is provided for the new circuit.

Yes but you need to terminate the feed to the chain that follows or it becomes unstable - this is done by the psu or master station - and as you've effectively removed this when the comms circuit is broken, you just need to put it back. If you use a male-female barrel type adaptor - Like the polarity reversal ones, the resistor could simply be inside - plenty of room.

And which pins should this be soldered across? (Sorry I'm not very good at this!) :)

May I suggest you take a look again at the post that I made above. I don't think being "not very good" is any excuse for "not reading" as the pin numbers and all the other information you need is in the linked webpage.

:)

Hang on - so is the circuitry in the schematic plus pin2-pin2 (all inside a male-female connector etc) placed between eg. 2 parts of a daisy-chain of beltpacks all that I need? Slightly confused now... :)

As long as the line is terminated somewhere it'll be fine. Any topology is acceptable.

Blimey this is hard work. Pin 2 is the DC power, so that passes straight through. Breaking the connection between pin 3 in and pin 3 out breaks the audio - BUT you need to add these 3 components between the output of your isolator - pins 1 and 3 - here's the diagram again.

http://www.dmx512.com/web/comms/tecpro/tpterm.gif

so that's the capacitor and the 4K7 resistor in parallel, soldered to the ground pin (1) the these two to pin 3, via an extra 200 ohm resistor.

We can't make this any simpler without building it and taking a picture - but it's quite simple ...... IF ..... you can solder.

• 2 years later...

I just came across this old topic while searching for a solution to a different problem - I have a Tecpro system with the wiring installed which has developed a tendancy to pick up AM radio. A PS751 supplies power at one end of the line and from there a single line radiates out to the furthest point (about 50m cable run) with three other wall-plate outlets along the way. All good quality cabling and connectors.

Could/would I solve the radio problem by adding the termination network (above) at the furthest point, thus having the line terminated at both ends?

Just a thought - or any other ideas?

Thanks.

I just came across this old topic while searching for a solution to a different problem - I have a Tecpro system with the wiring installed which has developed a tendancy to pick up AM radio. A PS751 supplies power at one end of the line and from there a single line radiates out to the furthest point (about 50m cable run) with three other wall-plate outlets along the way. All good quality cabling and connectors.

Could/would I solve the radio problem by adding the termination network (above) at the furthest point, thus having the line terminated at both ends?

No, you can't terminate twice, the call lights will stop working and the sidetone will do funny stuff too.

There will be something faulty somewhere, the trick will be to remove components one at a time until you identify the problem. If the fault is intermittent or only happens during shows, this might be tricky to accomplish...

Archived