CP Sharpy

lightingyoung

I saw the show and thought they were Sharpys, but then doubted it when I saw the gobos. I don't recall the beams being that wide at PLASA.

When you put a prism in with the gobos, the beam does change quite a bit as the prism is a 9 facet!

Anyone else going next Wednesday to the Albert Hall?

I will try to, but I don't know if I am going to make it to be honest!

Hell these look bright!!

55,000 lux at 20m from a 189 w lamp... yup, that was some quality R&D!!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am "Alan in the lighting department" and programmed this show..I can confirm they are sharpys and we used them the next week for Cee Lo Green

Off topic, but what desk did you use and how did you program it for the results section (the lights turning red when the competitors are knocked out)? I could think of two ways to do it:

1) Knowing the results in advance and programming the desk blind during the show

2) Quickly selecting the lights and turning them red

So, I wonder if you could clarify how that effect was achieved?

Thanks,

Matthew Robinson

Show is Programmes on a grandMA full-size console... I receive the results during the last guest music act which is pre- recorded at 6pm. I have 6 separate sequences on executor buttons the console for each position and just push the correct one when they announce each name. After eliminating the first two and announcing the winner the cue that settles the sting releases these buttons so the key lights restore to the correct colour for interviews...

After eliminating the first two and announcing the winner the cue that settles the sting releases these buttons so the key lights restore to the correct colour for interviews..

Could you please try again on the bit I highlighted in bold, I think it's missing a few words because it makes no sense at all?

Makes perfect sense to me:

[the cue that settles the sting]

there's an audio cue, which plays an outtro for the music being used at this point in the show, i.e. which transitions from the results part to the next part. I assume there's an accompanying LX cue.

[releases these buttons]

think of the executors like latching Last Takes Precedence playbacks. Somewhere else on the desk the basic look for the show is still running (was running before this whole segment started), but the fixtures in question have had some attributes modified by the buttons in question. When they're released, they let go of the the channels they've grabbed for LTP, allowing these channels to revert to being controlled by the original look.

Tom

In theatre terms, it's a 'restore' David:

He has a Cue that 'normalises' the look after a sting (a bit of music / VT) and within that cue there are macros that tell the console to release the 6 executor buttons.

Cheers

Smiffy

EDIT: Just beaten to it by Tom :)

Archived