STAIRVILLE MH-360

pete10uk

Product LINK

I'm thinking of getting a set of the above lighting for general stage wash / uplighting and Disco uses.

The results in the pictures look good but I'm not sure what results they'll actually produce.

Has anyone had any experience with these lights or similar?

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated. Budget is tight hence the low end stuff.

As with all budget end items, you get what you pay for, but the spec on these looks quite good, and you get quite a nice package for the money. 3 year warranty and 30 days money back if you want - so if you can afford them, then even though it would be a pain sending them back - you can see how they work for you. I suppose it depends if 4 washes is worth the two grand to you. If they do the job, you have three years lifespan as a minimum and no running costs, unlike discharge lamped sources which always seem to have lamps that are disproportionate to the fixture cost - simply because that's what they cost!

From the spec, they're useful. I guess reliability has to be guessed at as they're quite new. I've had some good and bad Stairville branded products - but that's to be expected really.

Unless somebody actually has some - we're all going to be guessing really!

Unless somebody actually has some - we're all going to be guessing really!

Thanks for the reply.

I have a couple of pieces of Stairville kit and in honesty have no issue with it, I just don't like the name.

The only thing that is shouting out a bit is they seem to sell B stock of the item (IMO stuff sent back because people were not happy wit it or it went faulty and its been repaired). I know and use thomann and have sent a few bits of kit back for repair and can't fault the service, so no worries there, I just don't like it when kit dies while out on a gig.

I have thought about the 30 day guarantee but only really want to use it if it is absolutely necessary.

I would love to hear from someone who has some. I have looked for a video of the lights in use but can't find any.

Just a bit more info.

I have a set ot these Lanta Lights LINK

I'm quite happy with the outcome of these for what they are but in all honestly what I'm probably wanting to make sure of, is that I'm not going to get 4 of these on PTZ motors.

In reality how bright will the 36 1 watt LEDs be compared the lanta lights.

Cheers for any info.

If you like the Lanta products, I can (and do) really recommend the Lanta Neptune Wash 18 units a local company I do some work for has about 2 dozen of the things and they're great. Small footprint, quiet and the dimming is actually very good for a low end unit.

Josh

Thanks for the info.

What are the units used for and are they any issues with brightness. These unite are quite a lot cheaper but only 1/2 the amount of LEDs.

Cheers

Archived