Video Playback

lightingyoung

been mucking about about with vmix 2010..also a free download, it seems to handles most files pretty well and has a start with mix facility...personally I've been looking at it as a cheap webcast solution, bolted onto ustream etc..but seems to do a reasonable job.

Yeah I did read it, but wasent sure if that meant it would become a cue stack or not.

I would recommend trying my suggestion to see if it fulfills your need. There are many flavors of what people mean by cue lists and how they expect them to work.

In Screen Monkey there are two ways of running cue list based playback with GO and links. The first I have already explained where the whole main dashboard is turned into a cue list with the Go key in the layer control window or assignable to keyboard shortcuts/ midi commands.

The second is by adding spaces, you can treat a space as the same as a cue list, they are effectively the same thing. By adding a space you can add as many cue lists as you want but still control what I displayed on the layer with panels on the dashboard. To move to the next or previous cue in a space you simply click on the clip or assign the next and previous to keyboard shortcuts / midi commands.

The first method is the easiest, the second is more useful and has more capability.

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I would use GOM Player it plays all types of files has the ability to do a play list and best of all when the video finishes It holds on the last frame if you set it up to also you can delay the audio so if your running it through switchers/plasmas/ or projections you can sync the audio without the need for delay units!

Personally I would use GOM Player it plays all types of files has the ability to do a play list and best of all when the video finishes It holds on the last frame if you set it up to also you can delay the audio so if your running it through switchers/plasmas/ or projections you can sync the audio without the need for delay units!

Try Show Cue System, the forum support is good if you have questions.

Show Cue Systems

Dee99

Archived