Bulbs!

andrewg112

Hello,

Ive had a quick look on the search, but it didn't turn up much for what I was looking for.

Does anyone know what type of lights these bulbs could be for?

Phillips Broadway 500w 240v

Radium 200

The rig is quite old, mainly made up of Pat123 Pat 23 amongst others...

Thanks,

Andrew

Does the 500W have a GY9.5 base? Sounds like a T25.

Does it look like this?

http://www.lightsounds.com.au/images_products/osram_t25_lamp_5262big.jpg*

(Careful not to touch the glass, now...)

Depending on the lamp base fitted in the P23/123s it could well be for them.

Not sure what the Radium 200 is.

* = Yes, Pedants, that's technically a T18. Near enough.

You need to search for lamps, not bulbs - Both of those were quite common brands and they could well be for the lanterns you describe - however, they were available in plenty of other sizes. The critical thing with lamps is the class - often for these things T numbers so T1 T26 T27 that kind of thing - plus the type of base, which in older lanterns might be a P number often 28 or 40, and more modern types using GX or GY and then a number that relates to the pin spacing. There are of course many more for different kinds of lanterns. A search for theatre lamps will give you plenty of info.

Hello,

Ive had a quick look on the search, but it didn't turn up much for what I was looking for.

Does anyone know what type of lights these bulbs could be for?

Phillips Broadway 500w 240v

Radium 200

The rig is quite old, mainly made up of Pat123 Pat 23 amongst others...

Thanks,

Andrew

Before being able to answer your question,more infomation is needed.For example what lamp base do the LAMPS have? Radium 200 is quite an old make and we have 1 and 2k examples,philips broadway could be for your 23's and 123's,again depending on base( i.e. p28).Also,sorry to bring this up again but bulbs grow and lamps glow! Lets get the terminology right. So more info please,regards Roy

Radium is the make on the box. Its a lot like a conventional light bulb, on a much bigger scale. Possibly for a strand floodlight? Haven't got the boxes in front of me, but phone photos, so I cant get much info on this one.

The Broadway ones are T/24 which I believe look very similar if not the same as Brysons photo

Thanks,

Andy

Ok, well the T24s are for the Patt 23s/123s - they have a different base to the photo I posted but the lamp itself is the same.

the lamp is not the same, the T24 is 900 hrs and the T18 is 400 hrs, quite a cost/hr difference

Ok, well the T24s are for the Patt 23s/123s - they have a different base to the photo I posted but the lamp itself is the same.

the lamp is not the same, the T24 is 900 hrs and the T18 is 400 hrs, quite a cost/hr difference

Did you read my note about pedants? <_<

Ok, feel free to read my post as "effectively the same".

<_< It goes back to what I was saying before,what about the base and has allready been pointed out,different lamps can have the same base but a different lamp life and cost.For example,there are two 575 lamps,but one has a substantionally longer lamp life,my advice is approach one of the lamp manufacturers and ask for a catalogue or try and get hold of the world book of lamps,sorry dont know much details of the book as I was only allowed a cursory glance,it being much guarded.

Archived