Tourcat Multicore

livesoundproduction

Theres the Aqua Series Marine Grade SeaCat data multicores

If you were creating a touring multicore, you may want to note that the Aqua Series is solid conductor based and may not work well in that situation, dependant on how it's used.

If you were creating a touring multicore, you may want to note that the Aqua Series is solid conductor based and may not work well in that situation, dependant on how it's used.

Indeed...

Alas, I may just go down the road of Crestron (of all people) who produce a rather handsome cable comprising 4 cat5 cores...

• 11 months later...

Indeed...

Alas, I may just go down the road of Crestron (of all people) who produce a rather handsome cable comprising 4 cat5 cores...

I think I posted yesterday about this issue but Canford has launched tour grade 4 way and 8 way CAT5E multi cores and stageboxes available individually or as complete assemblies. I saw them at the ABTT show last month and they have used their very flexible CAT5E-F cable which is a stranded foil screened multipair type, crucially though they have enclosed these in a tough outer jacket for the long run itself. They said they are available in several lengths one of which is 75 metres but I cant remember the others. They will do custom lengths though if someone asks them to.

this is a link to the specs for the CAT5 cables they are using to make up the multicores but I cant see anything on their site about them yet.

Just trying to get confirmation but With this cat 5 multicore/loom (as such) could I use this to connect my ilive surface to the iDR and use another cat 5 channel for my dante connection and other remaining cat 5 channels for extenders like VGA within this one multicore/loom? is that right?!

Just trying to get confirmation but With this cat 5 multicore/loom (as such) could I use this to connect my ilive surface to the iDR and use another cat 5 channel for my dante connection and other remaining cat 5 channels for extenders like VGA within this one multicore/loom? is that right?!

Yep.

Archived