Packhorse Cases

I have just bought a custom built case from Packhorse UK. I went around for quotes about a month or so ago; Packhorse turned out to be cheapest and had the best customer service. I dealt with Steve and Amanda there, they were awesome. An email at 7.30 in the evening was answered by either an immediate reply or a phone call at 9am the next morning.

I sent an email to a few case companies asking for quotes, they were all in the same ballpark (£400-£500). Apart from Amptown, I didn't even get a reply to the 3 or so emails I sent to them :)

The case is Blue (to match the Vector Blue that goes inside); it has a tourplate, Wheels and 10 handles. 3 handles on each side, then 2 on each panel. Underneath the console, inside the case is (as you would expect) a load of foam. So I asked them to cut out space for my screen, keyboard, littlelites, power cables etc and guess what... they did, and to make it even better that was free.

I originally said I want the case anytime this week, but then a show came up tomorrow, so I rang them and asked them to speed it up. Hey Ho, they made it on Tuesday (earlier then they said they would) and had it on a pallet Wednesday night. 9.15am this morning, I had Pallet Force banging on the door with Pallet and case in tow.

All in all, it came to £440. The case itself Inc VAT was £400, then another £40 delivery. The case fits perfectly, its top quality and I love the colour!

So, if you are looking for a case, doesn't matter what it’s for... ring Packhorse!! Top notch service all round. http://www.packhorse.co.uk/flight-case.php

Thanks.

Just moved on a couple of Packhorse cases, one of them was still stencilled Meteorlites which dates it, when see a case that has probably literally been around the world a couple of times in its 20+ year history does make a point about good cases being the worth investment, think Packhorse makes the grade as good :-)

That all depends how "lifetime warranty" is defined. I once saw a product where "lifetime" was defined as the lifetime of the warranted equipment. So if it broke, it presumably wasn't covered... :)

That all depends how "lifetime warranty" is defined. I once saw a product where "lifetime" was defined as the lifetime of the warranted equipment. So if it broke, it presumably wasn't covered... :blink:

A certain large tool maker charges a premium for its tools that carry its famous `Lifetime Guarantee`.

Lifetime in this case is the model lifetime in the catalogue, and as part numbers get changed frequently a model is taken to be superceeded when the part # changes.

A certain large tool maker charges a premium for its tools that carry its famous `Lifetime Guarantee`.

If it is the company I am thinking of, I know a housing estate with a large quantity of the returned product sitting under it somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived