Small Desk

Adrianfreston

I know this is far too late but the original topic, is it my understanding that there’s a main venue (with it own control) then 8 mini areas each with there own desk or all 8 areas controlled from one desk? This doesn’t really have any relevance or significance as the event is probably over it just I am slightly confused on how these areas were going to be run, as how can all eight be run from one place if the operator can’t see all eight areas and if there is a single desk per area then does that mean that desks being discussed here would have to be hire in a quantity of eight?

Just to clear thinks up in my mind, :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am slightly confused on how these areas were going to be run, as how can all eight be run from one place if the operator can’t see all eight areas

I did a show a few years ago where I controlled 5 rooms from a pearl, whilst only being in one of them, I had 6 or 8 lights in each all running off house dimmers, it was damned near impossible to do actually.

does that mean that desks being discussed here would have to be hire in a quantity of eight?

Yes thats what the original poster was asking, which desk they should choose/hire for the 8 areas.

...Seems a great little desk, aparently going to retail around £750.

Thanks Matt

The prices I quoted were 'list' price for both the 200 and the SmartFade making the Smartfade 50% more for each model. I'm just suprised at the ETC prices. When I saw it at PLASA I was under the impression that it would be competitive with the 200, a desk it seems close to in function.

I'm just suprised at the ETC prices. When I saw it at PLASA I was under the impression that it would be competitive with the 200, a desk it seems close to in function.

It can't be cheap to make all those buttons light up like that ... :o

I have to admit, that particular feature brings back lovely memories of Galaxy - there's something very comforting about sitting in a dark control room with lots of buttons on the console glowing at you in a warm and friendly sort of way - it gave the desk a bit of 'character'. Sorry, is that a bit too anorak-ish? :P ;)

It can't be cheap to make all those buttons light up like that ...

Well Behringer have managed for years, slightly :blink: but the

http://www.behringer.com//MDX2600/MDX2600_big.jpg

has 27 little buttons that light up, in a 1u box plus 16 pots and also 68 leds for metering - all yours for £79.99 inc vat

how anorkish is that counting them all?

(its sunday and I am bored)

Did the Gig,

Used the Smartfade. A+++ to ETC. I don't care about the cost I rented them. I don't want anything from Beringer, particularly if its a noise boy toy.

This console is simple enough to be used at beginner level and complex enough to do some quite advanced stuff. Easy as hell to program. Loved the magic button for the lazy programmer or the one who needs to get a quick chase with no thinking.

Adrian.

This console is simple enough to be used at beginner level and complex enough to do some quite advanced stuff.  Easy as hell to program.  Loved the magic button for the lazy programmer or the one who needs to get a quick chase with no thinking.

Thanks Adrian, that's the sort of feedback I was hoping for.

Archived