Insurance options for a student ?

Martinman

I am sixteen at current, and would be looking to get experience in some companies. They have all said there may be issues with regard to my insurance on their premesis. Is there any alternative, or options availble that anyone could perhaps suggest ?

Thank You

Jack.

they may just be saying that as a "get out clause"
Yes, unfortunatley I have to agree with you, allthough there are some which generaly have legal issues, especialy in events companies. I was after a temporary, personal liscene or something like that ? Wasn't sure if anything existed or not.

Thanks

Jack

Wherever the event relies on alcohol supply then staff must be 18 or over -drinks licensing statute law. (exceptions for trainee chefs on an approved apprenticeship).

Most people will be very cautious about allowing youngsters near the customers lest their people skills don't represent the company in the best way.

Child protection once working age is reached sort of gets rather 'confused'. Sombody say 16 or 17 in a college on a nursery nursing course, would be working with kids - strictly speaking they need to have a CRB check done on them, yet to teach them, so should the teacher? Most places that deal with education do the CRB system for the 16-18 group, but often because it could be considered to be needed for the 'vulnerable adult' bit - again, another term not widely understood - somebody with Down's would be considered vulnerable - but we all know 17 year olds who this would apply to. I've not noticed any employer paying much attention to CRB checking their 16-18 year olds. Just one of the bits of the scheme that are weak. Now the new organisation is scrapped, the 'new' version of the CRB may never happen, and we'll still not be able to apply for one on ourselves!

Child protection once working age is reached sort of gets rather 'confused'. Sombody say 16 or 17 in a college on a nursery nursing course, would be working with kids - strictly speaking they need to have a CRB check done on them, yet to teach them, so should the teacher? Most places that deal with education do the CRB system for the 16-18 group, but often because it could be considered to be needed for the 'vulnerable adult' bit - again, another term not widely understood - somebody with Down's would be considered vulnerable - but we all know 17 year olds who this would apply to. I've not noticed any employer paying much attention to CRB checking their 16-18 year olds. Just one of the bits of the scheme that are weak. Now the new organisation is scrapped, the 'new' version of the CRB may never happen, and we'll still not be able to apply for one on ourselves!

I am being CRB Checked to work with a children's university course in Bedford over the summer. Can I use this for future opportunities ?

CRB checks are not transferable, although the new ISA registration would have been. Even under the new scheme, the CRB part of the check would need to be done afresh for each new employer.

Archived