Let's all meet up

Guest lightnix

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lightnix

Super ! I'll be there too all being well. As it's a Wednesday I'll probably have my skates with me, if anyone fancies coming out on the Wednesday Night Skate that evening maybe they'll bring theirs too :rolleyes: It starts at 8pm from the north bank of the Serpentine in Hyde Park (a.k.a. The Beach).

The Wednesday Night Skate

Super !  I'll be there too all being well.  As it's a Wednesday I'll probably have my skates with me, if anyone fancies coming out on the Wednesday Night Skate that evening maybe they'll bring theirs too :rolleyes:  It starts at 8pm from the north bank of the Serpentine in Hyde Park (a.k.a. The Beach).

The Wednesday Night Skate

I would give it a go, but I don't fancy a crash landing into the pond!

Stu

As long as you guys have finally ditched the frankly ludicrous idea of 'Blue Room T-shirts' :rolleyes: , I'll do my best to be there. Do they serve a decent pint? And is there muzak so loud that you can't hear yourself think, let alone speak? (Clue - the acceptable answers are 'yes' and 'no', in that order ...)

All sounds good - if Gareth is going then had anyone thought of inviting FW (from r.a.t.s.) - or is that toooo cruel.

:rolleyes: Sorry couldn't resist the thought of the idea,

All sounds good - if Gareth is going then had anyone thought of inviting FW (from r.a.t.s.) - or is that toooo cruel.

:P Sorry couldn't resist the thought of the idea,

Ha Ha Ha

Fie fo thumb, do I smell the blood of an irish man?! :D :D :D

Stu

Do they serve a decent pint? And is there muzak so loud that you can't hear yourself think, let alone speak? (Clue - the acceptable answers are 'yes' and 'no', in that order ...)

I will confess to having made my venue selection via the internet, so sadly the answers are:

A: I have no idea.

B: Dunno

In that order...

sorry. :D

Hi, sounds like a great idea. My dad works round the Corner from there in Rochester Row Car park. And I used to work in a small Irish pub called Finnegans Wake, of course the quality of pints has gone down since I left, but its still a good pub. The barely Mow... I know the owner of that pub, I believe the pubs okay, dont think theres much loud music, I'm pretty sure its fairly quiet and quite spacious, I've been in there once. I'll have a word with my dad and see if I can get cheap parking for anyone who wants it at Rochester Row Car Park, but I'm not promising anything :D

Now that the Blue Room has become firmly established, wouldn't it be nice if we could maybe get together sometime and put some faces to the names ?

How about an informal session at the ABTT or PLASA shows (or both)?  We wouldn't have to book a room or anything, maybe in one of the nearby pubs during certain hours on certain days.

Any thoughts ?

I will be at plasa this year. My cousre will be hopefully going too! There is twelve of us from Wrexham studying performing arts technical.

• 5 weeks later...

Given that it's only 10 days away, thought I'd resurrect this thread for the benefit of the newer members or those whose memory is sadly fading due to excessive recreational alcohol usage...

It's also in the Calendar(you don't use the Calendar? Shame on you...) but;

We'll meet in the Barley Mow pub on Horseferry Road near the ABTT show in the Horticultural Halls on the 18th June 2003 at 3.00pm

Find it here: Streetmap Page

Streetmap - Search for postcode SW1P

It's around about the S in HorSeferry on that map.

Super. I drink bitter, if anyone needs to know.... :o

Given that it's only 10 days away, thought I'd resurrect this thread for the benefit of the newer members or those whose memory is sadly fading due to excessive recreational alcohol usage...

Super,

Incidentaly (probably me suffering from the symptoms you described but I can't remember) Did anything come from the identifying 't' shirts/ hats/ parrots / badges or are you just planning on bullying out all the regulars in this fine drinking establishment.

Sorry but I have visions of ending up n the national pipe smoking convention by mistake.

:o James

What about if we all agree to get our "sharpies" out onto our ABTT passes and add our blue room identity? Those feeling particularly geeky could print off a little version of their graphic, to join the name?

Archived