Not sure what I have

daveh7031

Any chance someone could advise me, I have a quantity of black,triangular aluminium rigging, it's approx 91/2" wide. Is it trilite?

I suspect you mean TRUSS, rather than rigging.

Rigging is a collective term for kit that's used to suspend items of sound, lighting or set pieces.

However, at just 9.5" I'd guess that it's FAR more likely to be of the cheapo DJ quality (ie not particularly good/strong) rather than something of a more pro quality like Trilite.

Any chance someone could advise me, I have a quantity of black,triangular aluminium rigging, it's approx 91/2" wide. Is it trilite?

I suspect you mean TRUSS, rather than rigging.

Rigging is a collective term for kit that's used to suspend items of sound, lighting or set pieces.

However, at just 9.5" I'd guess that it's FAR more likely to be of the cheapo DJ quality (ie not particularly good/strong) rather than something of a more pro quality like Trilite.

Thanks for your response, I suppose to you it is cheap but I haven't got a clue. The stuff I've seen on the web still looks quite expensive to me (not being in the industry) could you point me in the right directioin as to where I could sell it. My guess is that you guys are probably too proffesional for this type of gear.

Dave

If you go to the trilite website you'll find a full set of dimensions to check against what you have.

If you go to the trilite website you'll find a full set of dimensions to check against what you have.

Thanks Brian, I'll give it a try

Truss comes in 3 broad types. BIG stuff, that is designed to support heavy loads, including other truss hung from it. Medium stuff - in 3 or 4 chord designs (sides). This kind of truss is perhaps most common. It still comes in many different types, all with pros and cons. The main differences (apart from the sides) is how they attach to each other. Some types, have just tube - you then stick a spigot in, and put a pin or bolt through it to secure them together. Other types have big chunky lugs at each end that a much bigger pin goes through - these types are much more expensive and can handle higher loads. There is a small type (which sounds like yours) that has minimal load capability, but is designed to look nice, be able to carry small fixtures, or hang a screen off - or as is quite popular, used in shop window displays. Trilite is one brand - Google for Litestructures too as they also make stuff similar to yours.

Archived