Yamaha LS9

AV Doug

I've had this problem. have you tried using a sansamp bass driver?

Thanks for that I'll have a look.

I looked, I have used these before very good bass DI, are they good for high output active basses?

If anyone can make it go pop it'll be Norman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked, I have used these before very good bass DI, are they good for high output active basses?

yep. I used to work regularly with a guy who slapped a musicman bass. you pay a little more for the sansamp than you would for a normal DI box, but for me it solved the problem outright. just take care not to push the signal too much into the drive range if you're after an absolutely clean signal.

yep. I used to work regularly with a guy who slapped a musicman bass. you pay a little more for the sansamp than you would for a normal DI box, but for me it solved the problem outright. just take care not to push the signal too much into the drive range if you're after an absolutely clean signal.

Thanks, really helpful.

I've just bought a Digico SD9 and it blows the LS9 away in terms of sound and features

I hope it does it's nearly twice the price

I got mine for a comparable price to LS9/32/Cat5 version & stagebox, £ 13000-00 inc 2PSU

we were the first theatre in the UK to put D&B in and as Simon says from D&B we are the first theatre to take it out, replaced it with Opus Audio PSD800T.

care to elaborate?

How much detail would you like. spent most part of a day listening to D&B boxes E9,C6 and PL1200A amp Q1,Q7 and D12 amp against a Opus PSD8OOT, Opus amp and crossover, the Opus system give you a different listening experience all together.

I got mine for a comparable price to LS9/32/Cat5 version & stagebox, £ 13000-00 inc 2PSU

Think you may have paid over the odds for the ls9 so

Since the SD9 in question was being compared to an LS9/32 with 2 ES cards and 2 SB-168ES remote boxes, how much over do you think he really was? I am not a Digico fan, but I would take an SD9 over that LS9 lash up any day.

Mac

Hi Guys,

Just looking to buy a Yamaha LS9 32ch :) . Have used it a few times before but I am wanting for some advice from people who use it constantly or have moved away from it for whatever reason...

Any pro's / con's and thoughts on the console would be greatly appreciated.

I'll preface this by saying I havent read the whole thread, but IMO, the M400/M380/M300 system is superior in every respect, and in many cases cheaper. The LS9 is not that new any more, and things like the Roland, SD9, SC48 offer a lot more functionality and better sound quality for similar money.

• 6 months later...

and things like the Roland, SD9, SC48 offer a lot more functionality and better sound quality for similar money.

Thanks, these desks seem to be common recurrence, but the other common thing I have seen from this thread is that every man and his dog knows the LS9 so a chance for dry hires is there as well!

I realise that its not the newest desk but it still seems to be one of the most commonly used desks.

Thanks, these desks seem to be common recurrence, but the other common thing I have seen from this thread is that every man and his dog knows the LS9 so a chance for dry hires is there as well!

I realise that its not the newest desk but it still seems to be one of the most commonly used desks.

This is true, however, thats true of any piece of equipment thats been in the industry a while and not necessarily something that will remain true over the next few years. Personally, I see M400's and M300's more often than I do LS9s nowadays. I appreciate thats partly the circles I work in, but it just goes to show that things don't stay 'industry standard' forever, especially when better products come out.

Not to mention, an M300 is both cheaper and more powerful than an LS9-32.

Not to mention, an M300 is both cheaper and more powerful than an LS9-32.

Cheaper, perhaps.

M300: 32 channels, 8 auxes, 4 matrices. LS932: 64 channels, 16 auxes, 8 matrices.

I'll grant you that the compatibility with Roland's digi snake, personal monitor mixing system etc. is a plus point for the M300 though.

Has anybody tried connecting the LS9's rj45 to a wireless access point (not router) to use the studio manager via wifi?

Would be really cool for my next job which has lots of differing areas, being able to wander from one to another.. even right into the OB truck to set the send levels hehehe

Kinda hoping it will work and cant test it as my ls9 is currently being picked from the thomann warehouse and prepared for departure tomorrow :-D

Christmas is arriving a little late.. but better than never :)

Archived