mini disc players

friedhaloumick

I've been a little sneaky - our other venue has a 301 in a rack, so I had a look and it is a mk-2 version - even says in on the front panel. Plugged in the keyboard and F9 does exactly what you all said - so I've swapped them over. we don't use it for anything other than background music in the bar there. So I'm happy now.

thanks to everyone for sorting this one out.

paul

My personal opinion is that MD players are in decline to extinction. They came in as jog proof personal stereo, but walkman cd's got better antishock. they are ok for fx but hard drive and cd systems are passing them by. Probably better than a MD machine would be a cd writer. ( and I've been into MD since 60 min discs were £8.99 EACH )

It is my opinion that CD format is only waiting for man with white cat to invent a secure online distribution file format so that only the purchaser of a track can play it then I think easy-clone CD-DA will collapse in a cloud of smoke. The music industry doesnt like people copying discs but it is losing a LOT of money to outfits that remaster and press millions of discs. There was a complete nimbus mastering plant up for online auction recently and about a year ago a complete pressing factory was found located inside a Russian prison camp, pirating for the Russian mafia. Free music content and free labour no wonder the music majors can't compete!!!

Archived