recreating this

Munro

I want to create a logo, very similar to this...

http://i39.tinypic.com/23m0z8y.jpg

Only difference is the text.

Questions

1. Best program to do this, am I doing it right trying to do it photoshop/illustrator.

2. If anyone has seen a guide to do this, please give me a link.

3. I have been doing some Googling and havent got great results, but I think im searching for the wrong thing. What is the correct term for this graphic.

Thanks

Joe

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

One more thing, this is what I currently have, and I want it too look the same as above.

http://i40.tinypic.com/noczep.jpg

Do you want the 'Dance Showcase' lit up in LEDs like the one above, or merely to look like it is on a computer screen or printed out?? (At least I think it is lit up in LEDs!)

I want the Smooth Criminal to say Dance Showcase, It looks like LEDs, I think

Paint Shop Pro V8

Made the image negative and then applied an inbuilt texture effect using a hexagonal tile. Can't seem to find a round tile effect which would make it better. There are hundreds of setting to play with and with tea calling....

Paint Shop Pro V8

Made the image negative and then applied an inbuilt texture effect using a hexagonal tile. Can't seem to find a round tile effect which would make it better. There are hundreds of setting to play with and with tea calling....

I might get me-self a copy of that then

...which I did by taking Paul's dot matrix image, making it negative, adding blur in PSP and then colour correcting to orange..

Not very helpful to the OP, but I'm glad to see someone else using PSP for graphics. I had a lively argument with a friend in the industry the other day who swears by photoshop, which I've never used to be fair.

Brian, are there any online tutorials that you know of? I'm trying to advance my use of it as I'm using it to produce graphics for my band but google only seems to throw up the odd how-to guide.

safe

taffy

Brian, are there any online tutorials that you know of?

I've never come across any. The printed manual for v8 which is on the shelf in front of me is pretty good as manuals go. And there are several real books around. Looks like you can get a second-hand one for a couple of pounds.

So do you have some sort of Matrix of lamps or LEDs to do this on?

There are a few lighting consoles that allow you to import an image (once it has been created in photoshop or whatever) and it will then allow you to map that picture onto lighting fixtures such as LEDs or channels. However there are only a few on the market that do this well and they are some of the higher end desks. There is also pixelmapping on a media server.

If you dont want a huge amount of fixtures, you could use a projector and a screen but create the content like others have above so it looks like a dot matrix or similar, but isnt. You could use a cheapish media server such as Hippo portamus, Hippo Critter or Arkaos, so that way the content is controllable by DMX and it can be easilly sync'd with the rest of the lighting for your show.

Best Regards,

Archived