recreating this

Munro

if your just trying to create the effect in a graphic (photoshop, psp and so on) try http://pinkzap.com/?p=390 and at the very end apply a gaussian blur to the selected circle

I actually did a similar thing a couple of years ago for a uni society dance group, I made about 10 slightly different logo, put them in powerpoint and looped though them... looked pretty good... considering! :-p

cheers

Alan

I was (note was) a confirmed PSP user until only a year or two ago when because I had to, I had to complete somebody else's Photoshop project. Since then, I've been heavily into it - not because it's easier (it isn't) but because it's so tightly integrated with Encore, After Effects and Premiere - so I've learnt it - and now the learning curve is in the past, I love it - and am learning new techniques every time I use it. For DVD menus it's really clever. A complex DVD menu last job took ages, but I've done another similar one in about 4 hours today - yet I quoted for the two days the last one took!

It's worth persevering, if time isn't critical, and you happen to have it. The Adobe on-line help is also well worth using.

I was (note was) a confirmed PSP user until only a year or two ago when because I had to, I had to complete somebody else's Photoshop project. Since then, I've been heavily into it - not because it's easier (it isn't) but because it's so tightly integrated with Encore, After Effects and Premiere - so I've learnt it - and now the learning curve is in the past, I love it - and am learning new techniques every time I use it. For DVD menus it's really clever. A complex DVD menu last job took ages, but I've done another similar one in about 4 hours today - yet I quoted for the two days the last one took!

It's worth persevering, if time isn't critical, and you happen to have it. The Adobe on-line help is also well worth using.

I must say, I have never liked photoshop, but recently I started using Illustrator, and after using photoshop for a few hours every day, now feel right at home, its all very similar to illustrator.

if your just trying to create the effect in a graphic (photoshop, psp and so on) try http://pinkzap.com/?p=390 and at the very end apply a gaussian blur to the selected circle

Thanks for the link, apart from the site is no longer active.

So do you have some sort of Matrix of lamps or LEDs to do this on?

There are a few lighting consoles that allow you to import an image (once it has been created in photoshop or whatever) and it will then allow you to map that picture onto lighting fixtures such as LEDs or channels. However there are only a few on the market that do this well and they are some of the higher end desks. There is also pixelmapping on a media server.

If you dont want a huge amount of fixtures, you could use a projector and a screen but create the content like others have above so it looks like a dot matrix or similar, but isnt. You could use a cheapish media server such as Hippo portamus, Hippo Critter or Arkaos, so that way the content is controllable by DMX and it can be easilly sync'd with the rest of the lighting for your show.

Best Regards,

I was planning on using it for posters, then projecting it onto a few walls in the actual show. But during most of the show it will me a plain white version.

If you look closly at the Smooth Criminal photo, you can see that they have made un-lit one, I have done this and it looks quite good, Im just struggling to do the lit ones.

http://i44.tinypic.com/21oaovo.jpg

Archived