GY9.5 socket

Nicktaylor

We have a load of minuettes and some have lamp holders that are dying. I know the usual suspects supply the things with tails buy they seem very expensive. Has anyone found a cheaper source for the thing? I dont want to pay twice the cost of a lamp for the holder!

We have a load of minuettes and some have lamp holders that are dying. I know the usual suspects supply the things with tails buy they seem very expensive. Has anyone found a cheaper source for the thing? I dont want to pay twice the cost of a lamp for the holder!

Nick,

Have you tried CLD Distribution? www.cld-dist.co.uk I haven't looked myself for a holder suitable for a Minuette but I've had other ceramic holders from them in the past

Dave

the lamp holders in my minuettes are spot welded to the metal plate they mount on. is this true of all minuettes? what do people do to overcome this?

Do the words "bad design" come to mind??? or did they never expect anybody to ever rteplace the lampholder??

never expected them to last long enough to require replacing!

or expected you to buy the official CCT "replacement lampholder welded to hunk of metal" for £xxxxxxx

Archived