Martin MAC 350 Entour - LED

johnhuson

Doubt it very much, the 2000 have their place and the Mac III is a different kettle of fish entirely, the price difference for one.

Look how long the Mac600 has lasted, they are still in production because it has it's market,

250 wash (250w) then Mac600 (575w) Mac2000 Wash (1200w) Mac2000XB Wash (1500w) they have their uses.

Martin claim the brightness is "more than four times higher than its nearest competitor" at 8,000 lumens... anyone have any idea what fixture they're talking about ?

It's nowhere near that of a VLX (but then again that's a wash not a profile and it's considerably more expensive I imagine), There's the Showtec Indigo LED 250 (now I prepare myself for the backlash for comparing Showtec and Martin) but this is much brighter than 2,000 lumen and comparable in brightness to a 250W discharge lamp.

Not wanting to take the thread into a Showtec v Martin argument I feel that the Indigo LED 250 is actually a decent fixture, it's quite comparable to the output from a Mac 250 - time will tell if they're as reliable as the Martin equivalent.

Look forward to seeing the Mac 350 Entour in person at Plasa... I do wonder from the model number if they're placing this "above" the Mac 250 Entour and, if so, does this signal the beginning end of more traditional 250W lights from Martin

Martin claim the brightness is "more than four times higher than its nearest competitor" at 8,000 lumens... anyone have any idea what fixture they're talking about ?

It's nowhere near that of a VLX (but then again that's a wash not a profile and it's considerably more expensive I imagine), There's the Showtec Indigo LED 250 (now I prepare myself for the backlash for comparing Showtec and Martin) but this is much brighter than 2,000 lumen and comparable in brightness to a 250W discharge lamp.

Not wanting to take the thread into a Showtec v Martin argument I feel that the Indigo LED 250 is actually a decent fixture, it's quite comparable to the output from a Mac 250 - time will tell if they're as reliable as the Martin equivalent.

Look forward to seeing the Mac 350 Entour in person at Plasa... I do wonder from the model number if they're placing this "above" the Mac 250 Entour and, if so, does this signal the beginning end of more traditional 250W lights from Martin

Just for your information Martin have measured the Showtec Indigo LED 250 and from our tests we have the following data.

Spread angle: 14,3

Output: 1620 lumen

Power consumption: 135 W

Efficacy: 13 lm/W

Also note that the MAC250 Entour (discharge lamp) is 5000 lumens as can be seen from our photometric reports - http://martin.com/spec/photometfull.asp?product=514

Regards, Chris.

Archived